Felony Defense Attorney in Memphis
Are You Facing Felony Charges? Call (901) 509-9112!
Being charged with a felony crime is very serious. Most felony charges come with the likelihood of prison time and heavy fines. If you are found guilty of a felony, it can also affect your life after prison. Whether you are facing felony charges at the state or federal level, our Memphis felony lawyer at the Law Office of Stephen R. Leffler, P.C. can provide you with detailed defense strategies. Our attorney has helped clients beat even the toughest charges over the years.
Have you been charged with a felony offense? Contact our Memphis attorney at (901) 509-9112.
Classifications of Felonies
- There are many types of felonies in the State of Tennessee:
- Class A – Punishable by a prison term of 15 to 60 years and a fine up to $50,000
- Class B – Can face 8 to 30 years in prison and a fine up to $25,000
- Class C – Can be sentenced to 3 to 15 years in prison and fines up to $10,000
- Class D – Punishable by 2 to 12 years in prison and a fine up to $5,000
- Class E – Can be sentenced to 1 to 6 years and fines up to $3,00
How Much Money Stolen is a Felony in Tennessee?
To steal enough money in Tennessee for it to become a Class E felony, the theft value must be more than $500 and less than $1,000. A class D felony is a theft valued at $1,000 or more but less than $10,000.
Is Failure to Appear a Felony in Tennessee?
Failure to appear on your court date in Tennessee is a crime. It is considered a Class E felony. The penalties for it include:
- The judge issuing a capias for the charge
- Additional fines
- Your bail bond being revoked and being forced to stay in custody until your case is resolved.
I don't think you will ever regret hiring Mr. Leffler.S.M.
Attorney Stephen and investigator Tim were very professional with meR.R
Felony lawyer in Memphis, TN Offering Affordable Representation
There are plenty of law firms that charge high fees for being legal counsel. At the Law Office of Stephen R. Leffler, P.C., we keep lower overhead and are able to pass the savings on towards our clients. Our offices are located in the Pillow McIntyre House in the Victorian Village of Memphis. Many of our clients appreciate our personable service and laid back attitude. This is why many of our clients come to us for our legal guidance when they need it the most.
Being charged with a felony is very serious. Contact (901) 509-9112 as soon as you can to learn more about our aggressive and thoughtful representation.
Free Case Evaluations
Defending Tennesseans for 30+ Years
In House Investigator to Examine Your Case
Big Firm Victories. Small Firm Feel & Service